Monday, August 30, 2010

Folding Paper

After the first lecture on Thursday I started thinking about this documentary that I watched about paper folding titled "Between the Folds" and in a way how follows along with our first assignment. Folding paper deals a great deal with various lines and geometric shapes, which was a big point of discussion on Thursday. Recalling this documentary made me realize that I can take a piece of paper and manipulate it into anything that I desire. Knowing this helped me with the sketching assignment we were given. I'm glad that we were asked to step out our boundaries for this project because it is some thing that I struggle with. Folding the paper really helped me to think about lines and how the come together and it helped me to think of the structure that I want for my armature.


6th drawing
The sixth drawing I did of the folded paper I really liked and I think this is going to be my jumping off point for the project. Can't exactly say why I like it so much but I think it pertains to the shape as a whole. I'm interested to see how this will come together and what it will look like in 3-D form. I have never done a project quite like this one!




15 sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment