Sunday, October 3, 2010

t-shirt cutting & weaving.

When I attended to the first BSU I saw a bunch of girls who had cut and weaved their  game day t-shirts in all sorts of styles. I was instantly inspired and wanted to try it out with one my t-shirts. Plus, I  figured it was something creative that I could blog about and share the steps. I went in search of "how to do t-shirt cutting and weaving" on YouTube and luckily I came across the style I wanted.
Before

Cutting the slits in a triangle shape
down the back.


the results after weaving
The final
product!
I first started off by trimming off the top of the shirt, so it would fall off the shoulder, and then I trimmed my sleeves shorter. Next I had to fold my shirt in the middle going down the back of the shirt vertically; this is where the cuts were made. I cut slits in a triangle shape starting wide at the top of the back and coming to a point and little past the middle of the shirt. The slits were about the width of a pinky finger. After the cutting was all complete I wove all of the strands together by taking the strand and pulling it under the strand above it and than over. I continued this process with all the strands until I got to the bottom. My shirt was now complete and I love the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment