Friday, September 17, 2010

Graphic Design



When I tell people that I am a Graphic Design major they usually respond with, “What do you want to do with that?” Since I have had this question come up multiple times I figured I could write a response to it in my blog. I have to say I knew that I wanted to major in Graphic Design when I first started high school and feel pretty fortunate that I’m certain about my degree. I really became interested in it when I was a senior in high school and took a Commercial Design class. Like with anyone who goes to college to receive a degree I hope that I will be successful in whatever my career brings. So what will I do as a Graphic Designer?
Roxy, one of my favorite logo designs
A business card I designed

It’s hard to say for certain but I would love to do design work for a company, like Roxy, and create designs for t-shirts, snowboards, stickers, and anything of that nature. To me that would be the ultimate job however, I’m also interested in working for a company that does design work for other businesses. In other words creating logo designs for new businesses or even redoing a logo for an already existing company. One of the projects that I had at my other college was to design a menu for a restaurant, which I really enjoyed. I have always thought that it would be fun to do product design and that is something I’m constantly paying attention to. Another aspect of design that I would think would be interesting is page layout for a magazine. I subscribe to a great deal of magazines and I’m always looking at the page layouts and even the advertisements, which is another area that I could go into as a designer. There is truly a wide range of jobs that I would love to apply my degree to and I’m always open to taking on different challenges. I look forward to what I have left to learn in school and to start a career in the Graphic Design field. 
Design for a pretend business I created

No comments:

Post a Comment