Monday, September 6, 2010

Inspiration


A photo I took of "nature" that  I drew inspiration from.

I’m not entirely sure what to blog about at the moment but I thought I could write about what inspires me. First off, I feel that I should say inspiration is ultimately the jumping off point for a project and the beginning to a creative process. It’s where ideas are drawn from and transform into art that I can see and touch. So, what inspires me? I have always been and always will be inspired by the students that I attend classes with, specifically art classes. There is always so much talent in one room with and the beautiful thing is that not one person has the same style as another. I’m always learning from my peers and I draw inspiration from looking at their work, especially when they are better artists than me.
A photo I took was published in this book
and the work of other college students
in it is very inspiring. 


A painting I did that was
inspired by nature.
Beyond the classroom, I draw inspiration from whatever it is I’m surrounded by especially nature. Being outdoors has so much to offer to draw inspiration from because there are millions of shapes, colors, and forms. In addition I see things in nature as an art form in their own right. Being a Graphic Design Major I also find inspiration in business logos, posters, t-shirt, and basically anything with a design aspect. I’m constantly looking for new ideas and ways to approach projects and designs. Finding inspiration is key for me because it’s when my creative thoughts start flowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment