Friday, September 3, 2010

Resorting to Plan B

This entry is me trying to make sense of what I’m going to do for this first project. Yesterday, I started creating my armature with wire that I found at my parents house, when I first start working with it I thought I would work great. However, as I continued to work with this material it just wasn’t bending and conforming like I wanted to. I started to get discouraged and felt like I was never going to be able to complete this project, especially because it is already out of my comfort zone. When I returned to my dorm I started looking around my room for materials that I could used to make my armature instead of wire. Then I saw an old magazine.
Idea #2

Magazine paper rolls
I got this idea to cut out pages of the magazine and roll them up and secure them with glue, kind of like straw. The magazine papers add interest though, because no two papers look alike. I think they will work well, or at least I hope so. I will with bring each piece together securing it either with staples or glue, I haven’t quite decided. As for the skin, I’m still trying to figure out what to do but it is a work in progress. My hope is that it all comes together how I envisioned it! This project is definitely challenging me and although I’m frustrated this is something I need. If I pull it off I think I will be the first to used this type of material.
The plan for the armature

No comments:

Post a Comment