Monday, December 6, 2010

17. Robert Chunn




Robert Chunn is a contemporary artist who does still life paintings and drawings. His paint of choice is usually oil or water color. Chunn captures the essence of how things are left, its like he is taking a photo but instead paints/draws it.  In an interview he was asked describe his work and he said, “I mostly paint clutter. I like how objects cluster together on tabletops, in kitchen drawers, on my printer, etc. I try to take a documentary approach to the subject by painting things as I find them”. I thought it was easiest to show how he describes his work because it’s different from painting a landscape or a person. Chunn does a great job at showing light a shadow in his paintings and how they reflect off of each object.
 
I really enjoy the Chunn’s paintings. I like that he captures something that seems so simple like “clutter” but makesme realize the great line and shadow in those objects. Chunn has a great eye for color and his paintings feel really rich. His work shows that the things just setting around our houses can look really interesting without us even knowing it. I think his work is wonderful and he is definitely a talented artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment