Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Art 108 Semester


 I figured I should do my last blog about my semester in art 108. First off I would like to say that I have really enjoyed this class and I looked forward to it every week. Having an art class is such a nice break from the other general education classes because it’s a chance to be creative. I have really enjoyed all the projects, mostly because the have pushed me to explore how creative I can really be. I have never done anything in terms of sculpture so it was good to learn more about it and try it for myself. I appreciated the fact that our projects were unconventional because it made me step out of my comfort zone.

Beyond just the projects I learned an immense amount from the lectures. Surprisingly, I have never been in an art class where we explored a wide range artists and I loved that we did. I now have names of artists that I like and enjoy where as before I couldn’t give much of an answer. I learned a lot form the artists blog entries because it forced me to research artists, see their works, and then draw inspiration for that. I will definitely take with me what I learned to my other classes after. What I loved the most was seeing my classmates’ work. I always draw so much inspiration from the creativity around me as well as the talents of my fellow students.
Thanks so much for a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment