Thursday, December 2, 2010

Final Project Overview


Shell Creatures
The final project has officially started; I’m pretty excited because my proposal was one of five that was chosen. My group will be working with a collection that I already have and that is shells from the Atlantic Coast, North Carolina to be exact. The shells come in varying shapes and sizes but they obtain great line and color so I thought they would make for a nice display. However, that’s not all that will be on display because we are accompanying these shells with what I like to call “fake creatures” and the shells will serve as their homes. The story behind them is that these creatures were apart of an old cartoon titled  "Nautical" and the show got canceled. So together they ran away into the wilderness and were recently found. 
Shell Creatures

Idea for display
My idea is to make this mythical creatures look very abstract and not resemble any sort or real animal. After we make our creatures we will assign them names that we will make up as well. I have never done a collection of any sort so I’m excited to see how this will turn out. My idea for display was to have it clean and easy on the eye. I would like to have a solid color background and then place each shell, its creature and a name on shelves. I know my group and I will create a great final project! I look forward to seeing the other collections as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment