Sunday, December 5, 2010

etsy.com


I wanted to write a blog about etsy.com because it’s a site, kind of like ebay, but it’s a place where only goods that are handmade can be sold. I love the idea behind this website and I think it’s a great way for people to share there talent with others. Not only that but it allows people to do hobbies that they may not be able to make a living off of but can still make money. It’s a great way for artists all over the place to have their work be seen and potentially bought. Someone in one of my photo classes at my other college referred it to me. She really liked the photos I had taken in class and she said that I should sell them on etsy. It’s really a great site for college students who have a craft and what to make extra money on the side.




There is a small fee to have your items on the site but it is very minimal. There is a wide range of items that are sold. Everything from paintings, photography, to hand made jewelry and wallets. I just thought I would share this because it is a site that is reinforcing being creative, which I think is fantastic. Homemade goods are hard to come by so go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment